In 2014, a draft NATAK-SE protocol was developed. In November 2014, a workshop for scientific review was held to solicit scientific input on the draft NATAK-SE protocol. The workshop included scientists and agency program managers drawn both from government and academia.
In 2015, statistically selected marine or estuarine shore segments (intertidal zone and immediately adjoining upland) were assessed to refine the protocol and provide a relative context for interpreting the NATAK-SE scores. SEAL Trust collaborated with the Southeast Alaska GIS Library at the University of Alaska Southeast (UAS) to develop an online GIS module to provide public access to wetland and land cover information: http://seakgis.alaska.edu/flex/wetlands/
NATAK-SE is intended to provide agencies, non-governmental organizations, and the development community a regionally-specific, consistent, and science-based tool for rapidly assessing the habitat and functions of marine or estuarine shore segments in Southeast Alaska for landscape assessment, impact analysis, mitigation planning, and conservation actions.
Below you will find the files comprising NATAK-SE (v1.0).
Excel Database (for use in Calculator):
Data Form (v1.0):
*If you are interested in participating in the Southeast Alaska regional database of NATAK-SE data, please complete the following steps:
- Go to: https://knb.ecoinformatics.org
- Create an account and log in.
- Click on the ‘Share’ tab at the top of the page.
- Completely fill out the ‘Upload your data’ form. In order for us to be able to keep track all of the NATAK-SE data within the KNB repository of scientific data, be sure to include the following:
- Under ‘Basic Information’, ‘*Data Set Title’, make sure to put NATAK-SE in the title.
- Under ‘Keyword’, make sure to add NATAK-SE as a keyword to your data.
- Upload your NATAK-SE Excel calculator.
- Click ‘Submit Data Set Description’.